Friday, March 30, 2007

Generation Y is not Ready! Oops!

Note: I initially wrote the linked article and mistakenly referred to Generation X instead of Y. Not surprisingly, I offended an entire generation of people because of the vague time frames each generation covers. I apologize and thank the many readers that quickly corrected me.)

I can't help agreeing with those in the mental health psyco-community who suggested it was best that I not reproduce. While I did have a significant role in raising my girlfriend's 18-year-old daughter, Bob, at least I didn't contribute to the gene pool... as far as I know. A few of Bob's recent personal choices have me concerned.

To be honest, I don't think most of my generation was ready to raise kids. That's why the aging baby boom generation and the rest of the world born before them is scared. Generation Y isn't interested enough to be concerned. This article explains more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Outstanding! What is it, do you think, that caused the change? Since it was we boomers that had the genexers, what do you suppose happened to us that we spoiled our kids so, when our parents raised us the right way?
Like you, I have never reproduced and glad of it, for I would have disciplined my children and been arrested long ago, I guess.