Monday, July 2, 2007

How Much is Enough

One of the web sites that actually pays a measly sum for some of my writing, Associated Content, is really starting to piss me off. I understand that a lot of things on the internet are there solely for the purpose of generating page views, and in turn advertising revenue. But it seems to me that you need to draw a line between those valuable keywords and altering the writers words (even headlines) so that they are more search engine friendly. Recently, they've not only been changing the headlines, but some Content Manager who suffers Napoleon syndrome is altering the titles so they don't even represent the article.

Crap! Use some common sense AC. I'm on the verge of following several other of your former writers away from that kind of BS. Just look at the one's you've lost in the last two months. Personally, I participate with AC for the comaraderie of other writers. But the ones I have gotrten to be good friends with are all jumping ship. Keep changing the headlines of my articles and I'll be overboard with them

No comments: