Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Painting the World with Communication

For the last several months, as I've been exploring ways to use my experiences in life, journalism, broadcasting and public relations to earn a living wage, I've been forced to work in the trade I went to college to get out of -- painting. Not the artistic kind of painting, but the kind where you wear white pants and improve the appearance of peoples residences.


Honestly, the work isn't that bad and I was always proud of the work I've done to beautify a persons surroundings. And painting a luxury home can earn a guy some pretty decent financial rewards. Most importantly, it always gave me a good feeling when I left a home in better shape than when I found it.


But I don't want to do that for the rest of my life. I want instead, to take my creative skills, education and experience, and use them to help make our world a better place than when I found it. I think the best way I can do that is by communicating with the masses, utilizing my writing, reporting and personal communication skills to bring people together. Beautifying the world one house at a time is nice, but I think I am intended to beautify the world on a much larger scale.

Now if I can figure out how to earn a living in the process, I can retire my paint brushes for good and start paying for that education...

1 comment:

chandelier installation new york said...

Its really an amazing stuff that you are doing. I appreciate and upload more picture please :)